A native of France, Benoît holds a Master’s degree and a Capès de Lettres Modernes (Modern Languages – French) as well as a Doctorate in Latin Studies. He has more than eight years of experience in the teaching field. In middle and high school, he taught courses in French Literature, Theater and Latin. He has also given FLE courses to foreign students. At the Université Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3, he was in charge of a TD entitled “Techniques de l’oral et de l’argumentation” for Students of Licence 1 (Department of French and Latin Literature and Linguistics), pre-school courses “Lectures et mises en voix du Théâtre au XVIIe siècle” and “Lectures et mises en voix des Fables de La Fontaine”, as well as a course in Linguistics for the Professional License “Professional and Private Writing Consulting Public Writer” (Department of Cultural Mediation).
A member of several research organizations in the field of Ancient Studies, he has lectured in Mexico (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Liceo Franco-Mexicano de México), in the United States (University of Chicago) and in the United Kingdom (King’s College).
He is fluent in English and Spanish and has a basic background in Italian. He holds degrees in ancient language skills (Latin and Greek) from the Université Paris Nanterre.
- La Rhétorique du blâme dans l’Histoire Auguste, Paris, Classiques Garnier, 2021. To access the publisher’s website, click here.
- “Caligula : la fabrication d’un mythe. La théâtralisation de la figure du tyran dans la biographie de Suétone, éclairée par quelques passages de l’Histoire Auguste“, Nova Tellus, Instituto de Investigaciones Filológicas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, vol. 36, núm. 2 (2018). To read the paper, click here.
- “Sur la rencontre entre Démétrius et Caligula (Des bienfaits, VII, 11, 1-2)”, forthcoming.
- Vienne-Berlin, Berlin-Vienne, Paris, Mon Petit Éditeur, 2012. To access the publisher’s website, click here. Viena, Berlín, Berlín-Viena, Mexico City, Amazon Kindle, 2020. Translated to Spanish by Gisela Santaeularia Riera (Spain). To access the publisher’s website, click here.
- Portrait of Benoît by Université Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3. Click here
The institutions which trained and awarded Benoît:
Conference at the UNAM (Mexico City) during the 5th International Congress of Classical Studies, September, 2017.
In front of Classiques Garnier bookshop, Paris, the 5th district, summer 2021.